Original Oratory Topic Selection
- Choose a strong topic. Your Original Oratory topic is what your thesis statement (sentence that explains what your speech is about and your stance/opinion) is derived from.
- Risk and originality.
- Holds universality.
- Can be researched.
- Be concise.
- Love it.
- 1 What should an original oratory be about?
- 2 What are 3 methods of choosing for a speech topic?
- 3 What is a good oratory topic?
- 4 What are the things to consider in choosing a topic for speech?
- 5 How do you end an original oratory?
- 6 What does oo mean in debate?
- 7 What is the first step in choosing a topic?
- 8 What are the 4 types of informative speech?
- 9 How do I choose a topic for my presentation?
- 10 What is the best topic in English?
- 11 What is the best topic for students?
- 12 What is the best topic for speaking?
- 13 What topics should be avoided?
- 14 How do I choose a topic?
- 15 How do you identify a good topic?
What should an original oratory be about?
In Original Oratory, students deliver a self-written, ten-minute speech on a topic of their choosing. Competitors craft an argument using evidence, logic, and emotional appeals. Topics range widely, and can be informative or persuasive in nature.
What are 3 methods of choosing for a speech topic?
7 STEPS TO PICK A PERFECT SPEECH TOPIC
- Step 1: Identify the nature of the speaking event and purpose behind it.
- Step 2: Know your audience.
- Step 3: Think of your personal interests, knowledge and experiences.
- Step 4: Identify any relevant latest news.
- Step 5: Brainstorm all possible ideas.
What is a good oratory topic?
Here are some interesting persuasive oratory speech topics to consider: A Cellular Phone Causes Highly Electromagnetic Radiation Risks. Violent Video Games Do Promote Violence. Mercy Killing Should Be Made Illegal.
What are the things to consider in choosing a topic for speech?
As you begin to think about choosing your topic, there are a few key factors to consider. These include the purpose of the speech, its projected time length, the appropriateness of the topic for your audience, and your knowledge or the amount of information you can access on the topic.
How do you end an original oratory?
End by reaffirming your position and reminding your audience of the anecdote. Once again, state the core thoughts you want to get across in your oratory. Then, bring your audience full-circle and remind them of the anecdote you used to start off the speech.
What does oo mean in debate?
Original Oratory (often shortened to “OO”) is a competitive event in the National Speech and Debate Association, Stoa USA, National Catholic Forensic League, and other high school forensic competitions in which competitors deliver an original, factual speech on a subject of their choosing.
What is the first step in choosing a topic?
Use the steps below to guide you through the process of selecting a research topic.
- Step 1: Brainstorm for ideas.
- Step 2: Read General Background Information.
- Step 3: Focus on Your Topic.
- Step 4: Make a List of Useful Keywords.
- Step 5: Be Flexible.
- Step 6: Define Your Topic as a Focused Research Question.
What are the 4 types of informative speech?
Types of Informative Speeches. The four types of informative speeches are definition, explanatory, descriptive, and demonstrative.
How do I choose a topic for my presentation?
There are different factors to consider while choosing a topic that is interesting and avoids audience apathy. 3. Topics to avoid
- Pick easy subjects. Make sure your topic is not drawn out and complex.
- Avoid controversy like the plague.
- Read your audience’s mood and pick a topic that goes with the mood of the event.
What is the best topic in English?
English Speech Topics on Important Days & Events
- Independence Day.
- Labour Day.
- Mother’s Day.
- World Population Day.
- World Health Day.
- Ambedkar Jayanti.
- Gandhi Jayanti.
- Human Rights Day.
What is the best topic for students?
Essay Topics for Students from 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
- Noise Pollution.
- Environment Pollution.
- Women Empowerment.
- Time and Tide Wait for none.
What is the best topic for speaking?
It’s not easy picking a topic for your speech as there are many options so consider the following factors when deciding.
- Law and politics.
- Science and the environment.
- World peace. What is the safest country in the world?
What topics should be avoided?
Some “played out” topics to avoid include:
- the death penalty.
- same-sex marriage.
- gun control.
- freedom of religion.
How do I choose a topic?
Guidelines for Choosing a Topic
- Choose a topic that’s appropriate to the length of your paper.
- Avoid a topic that will tempt you to summarize rather than to discuss or analyze.
- Choose a topic that interests you.
- If your assignment requires research, choose a topic on which you can find material.
How do you identify a good topic?
Here are some things to consider:
- Make sure your topic meets the assignment requirements. Ask your professor for feedback if you are unsure.
- Choose a topic that is interesting to you. It may seem obvious, but this will make the research process more fun and engaging for you.
- Consider the scope of your topic.