- Describe the value of acknowledging your audience.
- Explain the importance of choosing a worthwhile topic.
- Explain how to adapt your speech to your audience’s needs.
- Explain the value of speaking with credibility.
- Describe how to gather and use demographic information.
- 1 How do you analyze an audience in public speaking?
- 2 How do you conduct an audience analysis?
- 3 What are the 3 types of audience analysis?
- 4 What are the 5 categories of audience analysis?
- 5 What are the 4 types of audiences?
- 6 What is an audience analysis example?
- 7 What are the 4 methods of delivering a speech?
- 8 What is a psychological audience analysis?
- 9 How does audience analysis help the speaker?
- 10 What are the types of target audience?
- 11 What are three ways to adapt your message to your audience?
- 12 Why is it important to know your audience?
- 13 What are the 6 types of demographic audience analysis?
- 14 What are the three major types of questions to choose from when developing an audience analysis questionnaire?
- 15 What are two types of audience analysis discussed in your textbook?
How do you analyze an audience in public speaking?
Audience Analysis Factors
- Audience expectations. When people become audience members in a speech situation, they bring with them expectations about the occasion, topic, and speaker.
- Knowledge of topic.
- Attitude toward topic.
- Audience size.
How do you conduct an audience analysis?
- Step 1: Identify Potential Audience(s)
- Step 2: Select the Priority Audience.
- Step 3: Identify Priority Audience Characteristics.
- Step 4: Identify Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices.
- Step 5: Identify Barriers and Facilitators.
- Step 6: Consider Audience Segmentation.
- Step 7: Identify Key Influencers.
What are the 3 types of audience analysis?
Audience analysis is categorized into three types: demographic, psychographic and situational analysis.
What are the 5 categories of audience analysis?
In addition, this chapter explores the five categories of audience analysis: (1) the situational analysis, (2) the demographic analysis, (3) the psychological analysis, (4) the multicultural analysis, and (5) the topic interest and prior knowledge analysis.
What are the 4 types of audiences?
The 4 Types of Audience
- Friendly. Your purpose: reinforcing their beliefs.
- Apathetic. Your purpose is to first to convince them that it matters for them.
- Uninformed. Your requirement is to educate before you can begin to propose a course of action.
- Hostile. You purpose is to respect them and their viewpoint.
What is an audience analysis example?
For example, a beverage company may view the entire population of a nation as their target market for a popular product but may develop hundreds of different target audiences such as snowboarders or grandmothers to promote sales. The process of identifying the characteristics of a target audience.
What are the 4 methods of delivering a speech?
Four Delivery Styles. The four most common delivery styles for public speaking include speaking from memory, speaking impromptu, speaking from a manuscript, and extemporaneous speaking. Before writing became a common practice, orators would memorize their speeches, sometimes for months, before presenting to an audience
What is a psychological audience analysis?
Psychological Audience Analysis. The aim of psychological audience analysis is to discover what your audience may be thinking before and during your presentation. Psychological analysis covers both the knowledge (or lack of knowledge) and the beliefs of your audience.
How does audience analysis help the speaker?
Analyzing your audience will help you discover information that you can use to build common ground between you and the members of your audience. This means that the speaker talks more and the audience listens, often without asking questions or responding with any feedback.
What are the types of target audience?
12 Types of Target Audience
- Everyone. Communications, media and entertainment with a large budget may target as broad an audience as possible.
- Demographics. Demographics such as a film intended to appeal to a particular age group.
- Super Cultures.
- Attitudes & Opinion.
What are three ways to adapt your message to your audience?
Adapting Your Message to Your Audience:
- Identify ALL possible audiences.
- Analyze the discourse community.
- Identify the audience’s expectations, needs and wants, and structure your message to satisfy these in specific ways.
- Revise ALL documents for the following:
Why is it important to know your audience?
Why is it important to know your audience? Knowing your audience helps you figure out what content and messages people care about. Once you have an idea of what to say, knowing your audience also tells you the appropriate tone and voice for your message.
What are the 6 types of demographic audience analysis?
Demographic Analysis involves age, gender, culture, ethnicity, race, religion, and educational level. Aristotle noted more than 2,000 years ago that few things affect a person’s outlook more than his or her age.
What are the three major types of questions to choose from when developing an audience analysis questionnaire?
To do this you will put together an Audience Analysis Questionnaire for your speech. Include all three types of questions ( fixed alternative-and include the alternatives; scale-include the scale; and open ended-provide the space for responses ).
What are two types of audience analysis discussed in your textbook?
What are the two types of audience analysis discussed in your textbook? One of the ways speakers analyze audiences is by looking at traits such as age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, group membership, and racial, ethnic and cultural background. things as their gender, age, and cultural background.